Rules and Regulations 2012 RAYMOND WEIL International Photography Competition
User Agreement and Complete Official Rules
Article 1: Object
RAYMOND WEIL S.A. is willing to promote the arts by organizing an International Photography Competition (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition”) online at http://www.raymond-weil.com. The Competition’s purpose is to provide new artists with a platform for their work and to reward the artist whom RAYMOND WEIL S.A. and its Facebook followers consider the most accomplished. No purchase necessary: Entrants do not have to purchase any merchandise to participate or win.
Article 2: Eligibility – online publication of artwork
2. Each and every participating artist must fill out a question form relating to the Competition to become a participant, and if ultimately the winner, to claim his/her prize.
3. Should the artist provide RAYMOND WEIL S.A. with incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete contact information, he/she will automatically be disqualified.
4. By participating in this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Complete Official Rules and the decisions of RAYMOND WEIL S.A., which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition. By participating in the Competition, the artist commits to accepting the prize, should he/she win the Competition, and to comply with the terms and conditions resulting thereof as mentioned in Article 5.
Article 3: General Conditions and Drawing
1. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. shall choose which types of art it wants to promote and the theme or constraints of the Competition, if necessary. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. reserves itself the right, in its discretion, to reject artwork, which does not match the chosen theme or obey the Competition’s rules and constraints. A certain Competition theme may be chosen more than once by RAYMOND WEIL S.A. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. reserves itself the right to reject artwork, if it considers the artwork’s content contrary to the company’s image.
2. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. will select a jury composed by RAYMOND WEIL S.A. staff members and people close to the company and involved in the arts (hereinafter referred to as the “official jury”). The official jury will make a selection of 20 photographs which are the most accomplished according to them. Selected pictures will then be posted on the RAYMOND WEIL official Facebook page for voting purposes. Selected artists who will not win the Competition may enquire about the reasons by email to email@example.com. In case of cancellation of participation by one or several members of the official jury during the Competition process, the Competition will continue and RAYMOND WEIL S.A. will make its best efforts to replace him/her or them.
3. Artists must submit a sample of their sole personnel artwork by electronic means (upload) exclusively and in the format and of the resolution defined by RAYMOND WEIL S.A. Therefore, by entering the Competition, the artist consents to his/her artwork being uploaded and published online at http://www.facebook.com/raymondweil.
4. Submitted artwork must never have been published or made public within the context of other similar competitions and must abide by these Complete Official Rules. The artist whose piece of art obtains a majority of votes will win. In case of a tie, the winner will be drawn from a random drawing conducted from among all tied works of art to determine the winner of the Competition.
Article 4: Competition Term
1. The Competition begins as soon as it is uploaded online on http://www.raymond-weil.com and ends on the date indicated on the entry form.
2. Every Competition is bound by these Complete Official Rules which shall be applicable for the entire duration of the Competition. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. reserves itself the right to modify these Complete Official Rules, in whole or in part, at any time and from time to time by posting a notice on the website for users. This notice will constitute an amendment to the Complete Official Rules forming an integral part thereof.
3. Entrants who disagree with new terms may withdraw from the Competition at any point by informing RAYMOND WEIL S.A. by email. Only an email return receipt can validate the entrant’s withdrawal. Failing that, by participating in the Competition entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the new terms.
4. RAYMOND WEIL Genève reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any participant in the Contest, if RAYMOND WEIL Genève determines or suspects that the participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by any fraudulent, deceptive or unfair practices
Article 5: Prizes
Prize details will be given when the artists enter the Competition on the website.
1. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. may use the object of its choice to stand as prize in this Competition.
2. The winner will be notified by email.
3. After the first notification attempt, the winner has 30 days to contact RAYMOND WEIL S.A. by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to claim his/her prize. If the winner does not contact RAYMOND WEIL S.A. within 30 days, he/she will be forfeited and the prize will be awarded to the subsidiary winner. In addition to the foregoing, the same shall apply in the case of death of the winner before the prize is handed over.
4. The winning artist’s submitted piece of art will be published online, on the RAYMOND WEIL official website, blog, official RAYMOND WEIL Facebook page and other social networks, and RAYMOND WEIL S.A. commits to communicate on the winner and his/her work for three years running. Furthermore, RAYMOND WEIL S.A. reserves the right to communicate on the winning art work internally to its distribution partners for an undetermined period of time. By entering this Competition and submitting his/her work, the artist consents to the online publication of his/her piece of art.
5. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. commits itself to grant the artist a cash prize of 5’000 USD (five thousand American Dollars) and to help the artist set up an exhibition in a renowned art gallery.
6. By accepting the prize, the winner of this Competition grants RAYMOND WEIL S.A. the unconditional and irrevocable right, without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time throughout the world, his/her name, address, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and statement and the piece of art for advertising, publicity, trade and public relation purposes.
7. Should the winner fail to abide by the terms and conditions of these Complete Official Rules, RAYMOND WEIL S.A. reserves itself the right not to pay the artist for his/her submitted and accepted piece of art, and shall disengage itself from all commitments relating to the winner and his/her prize, in its discretion.
Article 6: Privacy
Artists acknowledge that RAYMOND WEIL S.A. has the right to display their personal contact information onto the website.
Article 7: Limitations of Liability and applicable law
1. Considering RAYMOND WEIL S.A.’s website’s worldwide accessibility, by entering the Competition, all participants consent to submit themselves to the laws of Switzerland. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Complete Official Rules, or rights and obligations of entrant and RAYMOND WEIL S.A., in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Swiss law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
2. Unless obvious error is demonstrated, digital information held by RAYMOND WEIL S.A: exclusively will be conclusive, in case of litigation relating to connection and digital treatment of information, in regard to this Competition.
3. Should claims, disputes or causes of actions relating to the interpretation of these Complete Official Rules arise, RAYMOND WEIL S.A.’s interpretation will be final and binding. Disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Competition must be made within 30 days after the winners’ announcement.
Article 8: RAYMOND WEIL Genève’s Responsibilities
1. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. may, at its sole discretion and without liability, shorten, modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition, in whole or in part. RAYMOND WEIL S.A. is not liable for technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, telephone transmissions or communications, or any other errors beyond its control.
2. The Prize winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, through participation in this Competition or use, misuse, non-use or redemption of any prize. In no event will RAYMOND WEIL S.A. and its representatives and agents be responsible for any claim or damage of any kind arising out of the entrants’ participation in this Competition.
3. Since RAYMOND WEIL S.A. organizes not-for-profit competitions through its website with the sole purpose of favouring its Brand aficionados and since it is not its area of expertise, RAYMOND WEIL S.A. cannot be held liable, in any case, for errors in the running or proceeding of the competitions.
Article 9: Additional Limitations of Liability
Litigation arising out of, or connected with, the interpretation of the afore-mentioned rules, shall be resolved exclusively by the Courts of Geneva, without prejudice however to any rights of appeal to the Swiss Federal Supreme Court.
> 2012 edition: All about the competition